Saturday, April 4, 2009

Banish the Mood Swing with these...














I could not help myself... one look at these marvelously massive cookies (and I really do mean massive) and I knew I had to try them immediately. So, despite being in an overly foul mood, I whipped these up. There is nothing like hand beating some butter, sugar, and chocolate together to get the happy hormones flowing again.



















They were delicious and with every bite, molten dribbles of dark, rich chocolate oozed out. This recipe really made me want to try get my hands on Hannah's new cookbook, chock full of more cookie recipes.

The recipe for Chocolate Ginger Cookies is shared on Hannah's charming blog at Hannah's Country Kitchen. The photos here are my own, however.

Chocolate Ginger Cookies, adapted slightly from Hannah's Country Kitchen

250 g self-rising flour, sifted
100 g plain flour, sifted
1 pinch salt
200 g sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground ginger
125 g unsalted butter
1 Tbsp golden syrup
1 large egg, beaten slightly
200 g bittersweet chocolate, chopped into chunks (good quality)

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F. Grease and line two cookie sheets with parchment or silpat.

Mix together the flours, salt, sugar, baking soda and ground ginger in a mixing bowl. Heat the butter with the syrup until the butter has melted, cool and then stir into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon. Beat in the egg and chopped chocolate.

Divide the dough into 15 balls and place on the trays, leaving a large gap between each as the cookies will spread while baking. Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

  1. Hannah always has the best baked goodies on her page. I can't wait for her cookbook to come out so I can buy it! Did you get to watch her when she was on Master Chef? Your cookies look wonderful Heather and are making me hungry for chocolate chip cookies before Breakfast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked the cookies Heather - your pictures of them look fantastic. How nice to have found your blog too - I love lavender!
    Hannah
    xxx

    ReplyDelete