Friday, April 24, 2009

Credit Crunch Quesadillas or What I did with my Leftovers ...


Since I had lots of leftovers from my fiesta meal (see previous post), I decided to make quesadillas. I heated a large skillet and greased it with about 1 tsp of olive oil. I then cut up an avocado into thin strips, placed those on top of a whole wheat soft tortilla, then added some of the leftover chicken meat from the tacos, drizzled some of the fresh salsa on top, and placed a slice of cheese on top (I had Jalsberg lying around so I used that), then topped with another tortilla. I heated the quesadilla in the pan, pressing down with a spatula, just a few minutes until browned on each side. I then repeated the process and cut each quesadilla into 6 triangles. I served them with a dish of the yummy fiesta corn & bean salad I had made, topped with a bit of leftover avocado.

1 comment:

  1. I love Quesadilla's Heather. This is a wonderful use for your leftovers!

    ReplyDelete