Monday, April 27, 2009

Leftover Chicken Part 2

Ah more catch up blogging to do! This is what I did with the rest of my leftover chicken from the Chicken Divan recipe I made earlier in the week. I removed the rest of the sauce and broccoli from the leftover casserole, leaving behind just the plain cooked chicken breast meat. I then cut that up into small chunks and tossed into a bowl with a small amount of mayonnaise, mild curry powder, a couple of spoonfuls of mango chutney...making a simple Coronation Chicken Salad. I served some atop salad greens that I had tossed with pine nuts and dijon vinaigrette for a dinner salad and the rest the next day as sandwiches on whole wheat bread with some herb salad greens. It really turned out nicely.

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds delicious Heather! You can't beat Coronation Chicken. That reminds me I am supposed to make enough for 12 for my boss for Saturday. I better get cracking and finding a good recipe for it.

    ReplyDelete