Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Toasted Coconut Blueberry Muffincakes










I made these over the weekend using a recipe that usually makes two round cakes. I decided to cut the recipe in half and then make muffins erm cupcakes...well whichever you choose to call these. I baked them for 20 minutes and I was just wishing I had made some thick white frosting to swirl on top and then sprinkle with a snowfall of dried coconut. They still tasted quite nice as is though. One tip... trying to pry them out of their paper cases was nearly impossible when they were still warm, but a breeze once fully cooled. But really.. when one is making blueberry muffins for breakfast on the weekend, who realistically would wait for something so tedious as cooling them down? Oh yes.. the recipe... I already have it posted here, in its full two cake form.

1 comment:

  1. yUMMO! I hardly ever use muffin papers anymore because the cake always sticks and I am too impatient to wait until they cool!

    ReplyDelete