Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What I did with my Leftovers: Chicken Salad Sandwiches



I intentionally set aside some of the breast meat when I boiled my chicken the other day, in order to make this simple but tasty chicken salad recipe. It is one of the easiest versions I make, and also probably one of my all time favorites. I started making it this way after watching an old episode of Calling All Cooks, which used to air on the Food Network, but sadly got canceled after a few seasons.

Garlic Chicken Salad
(serves 4)

2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cooked, diced, and fully chilled
2 Tbsp mayonnaise (I like Kewpie Japanese mayo, but use your favorite), to taste
1/2 stalk celery, diced very finely
salt and pepper, to taste
garlic powder, to taste, be generous
1 small handful sliced almonds, roughly

Mix everything together, being stingy with the mayo and generous with the garlic and pepper. Taste, and adjust seasonings to your liking. I like to sprinkle a few extra almonds on top as well.

1 comment:

  1. What a delicious looking Chicken Salad Sandwich! I always just use sliced chicken and some mayo, sometimes some cranberry sauce, but I will have to give chicken salad a try.

    ReplyDelete