Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Blog Hopping: Curry Night with Eat, Drink, Wash Up














When I noticed that Karen of Eat, Drink, Wash Up had posted this recipe for her favorite Chicken Korma, I knew I had to give it a try. One of the eating pleasures of living in London these past two years has been getting to sample so much wonderful Indian food. Curry houses are on nearly every high street, sometimes several are side by side. Chicken Korma (a fairly mild, creamy curry) is very popular and seen on most menus here. Karen's version was tasty and really quite easy to prepare. I only had to purchase one special ingredient, the fenugreek, which Karen says can actually be omitted. I did pick some up, since it was a mere .69 at the local Indian market.

I served this with some plain steamed Tilda basmati rice and somehow managed to forget all about baking some Naan bread to go with it. I was very true to the recipe this time, although next time I might try swapping yogurt for the cream and using a bit less salt.

Oh.. and when Karen warns you about removing the bits of whole cardamom pods, cinnamon stick etc at the end, before serving your guests...please listen. Don't be like me and completely forget about this step until after your diners are choking down water after biting forcefully into a whole clove.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review Heather. I'm so glad that you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great - will definitely be trying it. Leaving the spices in is just the kind of thing I'd do! :) Love the choc. cake too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Yesica :) I had remembered that I needed to remove them all the way until the end, which was of course exactly when I needed to take them out ;)

    ReplyDelete