Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Holiday Baking: Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls



This is the first year in a while that I will be staying home for Christmas. I decided to start off my holiday baking with ironically a no-bake cookie. This recipe for Peanut Butter Balls came from one of the cookbooks I got this year for my birthday, Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood.


This recipe couldn't be easier - you just heat some sugar and corn syrup together until blended, add gobs of crunchy peanut butter (or in my case, extra crunchy peanut butter) and some Rice Krispies cereal, form into balls and chill. Easy, addictively tasty, and I didn't even have to turn the oven on.

Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter Balls, slightly adapted from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood

makes about 35-40 pieces

1/2 cup dark corn syup
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 cup granulated sugar
2 cups extra crunchy peanut butter (this was an entire medium jar)
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal

In a large pot, heat together sugar and both syrups over medium heat just until blended and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter until blended. Add the Rice Krispies next and be ready to work out your arm muscles - this will get very stiff.

Once the cereal is well coated with the peanut butter mixture, lightly grease your hands and start forming balls about the size of a ping pong ball. Place the peanut butter balls on wax paper. Place inside an airtight container and set in a cool place to firm up. 

*NOTE: These may be left at room temperature, but if your house is as hot as mine, I recommend storing them in the fridge.

1 comment:

  1. It gave me great quinces, and the recipe that I am not happy, I am very grabs! thank you in advance
    I board a good recipe already dealt a site like this
    recette couscous

    ReplyDelete